Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Meghalaya-Day 1

The trip didn’t start as planned. The tour company mixed up the itinerary and sent me to Jowai instead of Cherrapunji. It wasn’t ideal, but I decided to go along and see what the day had to offer.

The first stop was Tyrshi Falls. That’s when I realized something about Meghalaya—most waterfalls here come with a downhill trek. It took quite a bit of walking to reach the base. The place was unusually quiet, with just a couple of school kids around. It felt peaceful, but also a little too isolated.




























Next was Phe Phe Falls, and getting there was an experience in itself. There was no proper road, no network for Google Maps, and the driver didn’t seem very sure of the route. After a long and slightly frustrating journey, I finally reached the viewpoint. From the top, the falls looked beautiful, but getting closer meant another steep walk down for almost half an hour. I spent some time there, took a few photos, and then made my way back up.












We stopped for lunch before heading to Krang Suri Falls. By the time we reached, the light was already fading. I wasn’t sure if I’d get good pictures, but the place still looked stunning in the soft evening light.







No comments:

Post a Comment